Andrey Filatov has been re-elected
Andrey Filatov has been re-elected as the President of the Chess Federation of Russia (CRR) at the 15th Congress held at the Central Chess Club in Moscow on 17th December 2022.
He defeated challenger GM Sergey Karjakin by 58-7 with two invalid votes.
The Congress began with presenting the CFR Golden Badges: the honorary awards were given to the Deputy Chairman of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, the CFR Vice-President Alexander Zhukov, and the Governor of Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra, the CFR Vice-President Natalya Komarova.
Andrey Filatov said that the CFR transition to the Asian Chess Federation could take place at the beginning of January.
CFR President Andrey Filatov accompanied his report with a film dedicated to the Federation’s activities from the year 2014 up to the present moment.
The Congress backed up CFR President’s proposal to elect Anatoly Karpov, many-time world champion and State Duma deputy, as Honorary President of the Chess Federation of Russia.
They also voted for the nominated Vice-Presidents Natalya Komarova, Alexander Zhukov, Andrey Guryev, Pavel Chinsky, and Sergey Smagin.
The Congress delegates approved the following members of the CFR’s Supervisory Board:
1. Maksimov Yury (Far Eastern Federal District, Kamchatka Krai)
2. Bordyukhov Pavel (FEFD, Khabarovsk Krai)
3. Zakharov Gennady (VFD, Republic of Tatarstan)
4. Ishbulatov Philius (Volga Federal District, Republic of Bashkortostan)
5. Burshtein Igor (VFD, Chuvashia Republic)
6. Shakhov Dmitry (Northwestern Federal District, Pskov Oblast)
7. Maslyakov Sergey (NFD, Leningrad Oblast)
8. Dzhakaev Dzhakay (North Caucasian Federal District, Republic of Dagestan)
9. Edilsultanov Khasbek (North Caucasian Federal District, The Chechen Republic)
10. Filipenko Vasily (Siberian Federal District, Altai Republic)
11. Ivakhin Maxim (SFD, Kemerovo Oblast)
12. Polomoshnov Artem (SFD, Altai Krai)
13. Maletin Pavel (SFD, Novosibirsk Oblast)
14. Gilyazov Amir (UFD, Chelyabinsk Oblast)
15. Moskvin Alexey (Central Federal District, Yaroslavl Oblast)
16. Smetana Vladimir (South Federal District, Krasnodar Krai)
17. Grivtsov Andrey (South Federal District, Rostov Oblast)
18. Bigaliev Renat (SFD, Astrakhan Oblast)
19. Lazarev Sergey (Moscow)
20. Bykov Vladimir (St. Petersburg)
Article by Kenya Chess Masala.